Pelican Protector Cases are made with Copolymer Polypropylene, using an open cell core and solid wall construction, which is stronger and lighter that the completion. You can tell its a Pelican case by the distinctive "twin-ribbed" top surface. Stainless steel pins are used for hinges and handles. The new Double-Throw latches are much easier to open.
Ultimate Equipment Protection
For over 30 years Pelican has built a reputation for manufacturing the toughest cases in the world. As a matter of fact, we invented the category. Over these years we've seen our cases used for some fairly crazy activities...and important ones too.
Pelican Cases have been thrown out of helicopters in Iraq, floated through frigid fjords in Norway and rolled over by SUVs in Tanzania. With only a few scratches to show on the outside, contents inside are left unscathed. These are minor details for major bragging rights. And that is really what it's all about. Getting your gear from point A to point B in the condition it's meant to be in: intact and functional. Because it might contain a large format camera that will shoot next month's magazine cover or a heart defibrillator that could save a person's life, you can't put a price on it.
Stronger by Design
The secret is the tongue and groove fit with a polymer o-ring acting as a waterproof seal.
Cool Under Pressure
Automatic Pressure Equalization Valve releases built-up air pressure while keeping water molecules out, resulting in a watertight case that is even easier to open.
Stainless steel ball bearing wheels last longer and ride smoother. The nylon hub adjacent to the stainless steel is made to resist heat. The result is less wear and tear on the polyurethane wheel.
Stainless steel hasp protectors are a Pelican exclusive. The Double-Throw latches are smarter and easier to open: it's the classic "C" clamp design with a secondary movement that works like a pry bar to start the release and offers plenty of leverage to open with a light pull.
Custom engraved nameplates are available for a nominal fee.
Reinforced Padlock Protectors
Stainless steel reinforced padlock protectors provide added strength and extra security against cutting and theft.
- Pelican cases are kept watertight through the use of a tongue and groove fit and a polymer o-ring.
- Pelican cases come standard with an Automatic Pressure Equalization Valve which releases built up air pressure while keeping water out.
- Pelican's Pick N'Pluck foam lets you customize the interior.
- Stainless steel reinforced padlock protectors and minimum temperature is -40 degree Fahrenheit (-40 degree Celsius) and maximum temperature is 210 degree Fahrenheit (99 degree Celsius)
- Exterior Dimensions (L x W x D) - 30.75 x 20.5 x 11.62" (78.1 x 52 x 29.5 cm) Interior Dimensions (L x W x D) - 28.5 x 17.37 x 10.5" (72.4 x 44.1 x 26.7 cm)
- WEIGHT WITH FOAM: 28.06 pounds / WEIGHT EMPTY: 24.03 pounds / BUOYANCY: 181.00 pounds
- Retractable extension handle