DJI Phantom 2 Quadcopter v2.0 with Zenmuse H4-3D Gimbal Kit
- *Please be advised that orders may take 1-2 business days for processing before shipping.
-Gimbal Stabilizes GoPro HERO4
-Capture Exciting Aerial Footage
-Updated Transmitter with Gimbal Control
-More Efficient Motors ESC and Props
-Smart Battery Lasts Up to 25 Minutes
-GPS-Based Autopilot with Return to Home
-Intelligent Orientation Control (IOC)
-Beginner and Advanced Flight Modes
-LED Indicators + Low Voltage Protection
-Assistant Software for Windows and OS X
The Phantom 2 Quadcopter v2.0 with Zenmuse H4-3D Gimbal Kit is a bundle from DJI allowing you to capture stabilized aerial video and photos with a GoPro HERO4 action camera (GoPro available separately). This version of the Phantom 2 - v2.0 - features more efficient motors ESCs and props than the predecessor for extended flying time. Additionally a redesigned transmitter (handheld radio controller) now features an integrated gimbal control dial and a rechargeable battery.
This bundle is considered ready-to-fly which means the transmitter flight battery charger and other basics are included and that the aircraft is mostly assembled. It will still require proper pre-flight calibration to setup the navigation system before each flight.
For more information on the items in this bundle please follow the links below.
- Phantom 2 Quadcopter v2.0The Phantom 2 Quadcopter v2.0 features a number of notable hardware updates over the previous Phantom 2 model from DJI including more efficient motors redesigned self-tightening props a new transmitter (radio controller) with built-in battery and gimbal control dial and other improvements. The Phantom 2 - for those who arent familiar - is a quad-rotor UAV aircraft that can be great fun to fly standalone but more than anything serves as a platform for capturing aerial shots using a GoPro HERO action camera (gimbal and camera available separately). It features a Smart Battery with integrated regulation circuitry that provides up to 25 minutes flying time; which is a substantive improvement over the original Phantoms still respectable 14 minutes.
This version of the Phantom 2 is classified - in RC jargon - as ready-to-fly (RTF). This means that a pre-bound transmitter (radio controller) is included and the most of the major assembly - anything involving soldering and special tools - was done at the factory. However autonomous - that is computer-assisted - flying still requires a number of pre-flight calibration steps before the aircraft can safely take to the skies. The most important being GPS calibration. GPS provides the most important data the navigation system uses to determine where the quadcopter is in relation to the pilot. Without GPS the aircraft can still provide some correction to maintain stability; but all other assisted flying features - especially those required by beginners - will be unavailable.
Because of the complexity associated with multi-rotor aircraft the flight control system in the Phantom 2 relies on a GPS-based navigation as well as a sensor gimbal compass and other data to maintain flight stability and provide assisted-flying features. While fully manual operation is possible and can be unlocked using the Assistant Software most users especially videographers hoping to get the smoothest possible shoots will opt for GPS or GPS Attitude flight mode. In GPS Mode the flight control system keeps the quadcopter stable and right-side-up when moving and holds it in a fixed horizontal and vertical position whenever you release the sticks.
The Phantom 2 features a 5200 mAh smart battery system that has been simplified compared to most RC LiPo batteries. The battery slots in without having to connect any DC leads and features four LED indicators visible on the outside tail-end of the aircraft helping you keep track of battery levels in flight. Charging is also simplified with all of the charging circuitry built into the battery itself; there is no more separate balance lead to worry about plugging in. Because of this design the Phantom 2 battery cannot be charged with all-purpose balance chargers only chargers made specifically for it.
Note: An optional camera mount or Zenmuse gimbal is required to use a GoPro camera with the Phantom 2 Quadcopter.
Warning: When using an Wi-Fi enabled GoPro ensure the GoPros Wi-Fi is turned off as it operates on the same 2.4 GHz frequency as the Phantom 2s transmitter and receiver. If the GoPros Wi-Fi is left on the transmitters (radio controller) connection may be broken causing the aircraft to become inoperable. This may result in loss of property or damage to your equipment.
Whats New for Version 2.0?
- Redesigned Radio Controller
- The radio controller (more commonly known as a transmitter in RC lingo) has been updated with some notable additions:
- Left Dial: Use this to operate the tilt function of a Zenmuse gimbal
- Trainer Port: Connect the remote control to the computer to run a simulation application
- Throttle Lock: Pull down the throttle stick to descend; the stick will lock into place and the aircraft will descend steadily. Push the throttle stick upward to release throttle lock
- LED Battery Indicator: Foregoing AAs the transmitter now runs on a built-in LiPo battery. Four LEDs on the front tell you how much charge is left
- Micro-USB Port: Use the micro-USB port to recharge the built-in battery. The LED indicators will display charging status as the battery tops up
- New 2312 / 960 KV Motors
- The new motors features a stator winding structure for a neater designed and improved heat dissipation. The new motors offer:
- Up to 200g per axis more thrust than the previous design
- The single wire stator design improves motor efficiency and its ability to withstand a larger current
- New bearings with a higher durability and ability to withstand greater impacts are used to avoid damage in the event of an accident
- New insulation coating powder is used to improve the stator voltage capacity helping extend the working life and stability of the motor
- A new ESC (electronic speed controller) - ESC v2.0 - is used to ensure the efficiency improvements of the motors are maximized
- Updates Self-Tightening Props - Model 9450
- Computational fluid dynamics (CFD) have been applied to the prop redesign providing them with increased thrust and better efficiency. Combined with the new motors up to 200g per axis of thrust has been achieved - especially beneficial when flying with a heavy payload
- Improved Compass
- The compass is now encased in a protective shell and features added protection against static interference
- Minimal Assembly Required
- Those used to other RC aircraft will appreciate the Phantom 2 requires only basic assembly using a screw dri