Audeze LCD-XC Over Ear | Closed Back Headphone | Bubinga Wood Cups | Leather Creator Package | No Travel Case
Sharing the same transducer design as the LCD-X, the closed-back XC offers all the benefits of a planar magnetic design with increased isolation and greatly reduced ambient noise for a private and powerful listening experience. Your favorite music erupts from a silent background taking on a life of its own. If you’re a DJ or studio engineer these headphones are for you! We updated the drivers in January 2016, and the XC remains far and away the best-sounding closed back headphone available - a truly immersive listening experience. Its impedance is 20 ohms.
Audeze LCD-XC | Bubinga wood cups | Closed-Back Headphones | Made in the USA
Audeze started in 2008 in a garage (of course!) when its founders came across a revolutionary flexible circuit material developed for NASA. Realizing this could be a great advance in planar magnetic technology, they first started to make pro audio PA speakers, but dropped this project and started making headphones – the LCD-1.
Taking this first headphone to the Rocky Mountain Audio Fest, it was a tremendous hit, and that success launched the company. Hanging on that garage wall was the 2001 Space Odyssey poster, and that inspired the company’s name. The founders wanted a name that had something to do with a “journey through audio,” so Odyssey would be perfect, and that’s how the name Audeze (pronounced “odyssey”) was born.
AUDEZE'S PLANAR MAGNETIC TECHNOLOGY
Acoustically engineered for accuracy
Audeze’s innovative planar magnetic technology delivers clear and accurate sound that reveals everything on the recording.
Diaphragms thinner than a human hair
We use space-age materials in an ultra thin diaphragm four times larger than typical headphones for fast response times, dramatically reduced distortion, higher resolution and improved imaging.
Near zero distortion
Double-sided magnet arrays delivers a uniform driving force across the entire diaphragm for near zero distortion.
Patented Fazor Elements guide internal headphone soundwaves to avoid resonances for a more accurate waveform.
More on the LCD-XC Headphones
The LCD-XC Headphones
It's incredibly dynamic, neutral, and transparent - accurately revealing everything on your recordings. The ultimate tool for recording engineers, musicians, and audiophiles.
Industrial Design by Audeze
You’ll be proud of how the LCD-XC looks and sounds; it’s imbued with sophisticated looks and beautiful earcups that are manufactured at our facility.
Engineered and Handcrafted in Audeze's California Factory
The LCD-XC headphone is thoroughly engineered and meticulously hand-built using the finest materials combined with cutting-edge technology.
- BEST CLOSED-BACK HEADPHONES - Your favorite music erupts from a silent background taking on a life of its own. The sense of space is enormous, the midrange and high frequencies offer fantastic detail. Get the benefits of planar magnetic headphones with increased isolation and greatly reduced ambient noise with this closed-back design.
- PLANAR MAGNETIC HEADPHONES - The LCD-XC headphones let you experience clear and accurate sound thanks to a near weightless diaphragm, plus you get the benefits of our Fazor Elements (Sound wave guides) for more realistic imaging and phase response.
- AUDEZE QUALITY SOUND - The LCD-XC planar magnetic headphones accurately reveal everything on the recording with a dynamic, nimble, neutral and transparent quality. Meet the ultimate tool for recording engineers, musicians and audiophiles alike.
- Designed and assembled in the USA with imported and USA-Made parts. Using the finest, most luxurious materials like African Bubinga wood, and combined with cutting-edge planar magnetic headphone technology. LCD-XC headphones are thoroughly engineered and meticulously hand-built at our facility in Southern California.
- "Fantastic bass performance, powerful, taut and fast, with real slam, beautifully defined and extremely well differentiated." - Hi Fidelity